Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Morning Wake Up Call

It's day four of classes, two weeks into this whole college thing and I have not once slept through my alarm. Go me! 

Of course, I have had a little help from the NOISY CONSTRUCTION OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW. Who knows what they are even doing out there, I just hope it doesn't cause a giant sink hole outside of our dorm. It's been going on since about 8 am this morning and I was just a tad annoyed because I don't have class until 2 pm. Luckily due to my amazing sleeping abilities (thanks dad!)  I was able to fall back asleep until 9:45. Woke up, took a shower, got a package from home! (cookiesss, mmmmm) and then went out to lunch with Ashley.  We even had something other than salad for lunch... a wrap! Which I guess for me is technically just salad in a tortilla but oh well it was very tasty. Now i'm just waiting around until 1:30 to walk over to class. I finished all of my homework last night like a good kid so I just get to hang out today! Yay. Two classes today, both 3 hours so I won't get back here until 9pm but i'm looking forward to drawing today so I don't mind it's such a long class. 


(hole at 10 am)

(large ditch at 12:30)

Had class yesterday until 5 pm and then met up with Ashley for dinner at 6:30 after her class. We've taken to eating outside on this giant concrete thing (which i've posted a picture of before). We're trying to take advantage of this really nice weather before it becomes too cold to eat outside. It's 72 degrees outside today, so nice. After dinner Ashley was kind enough to drive me to the art store (for the second time this week) so I could get supplies for classes. Unfortunately the bus system does not reach the art store so I'm lucky enough to have a super awesome roommate with a car. 

Let's see what's happened since I last posted... I switched out of one of my classes because it was way too easy. I actually just switched to the same class but with a different professor who seems really good and pushes us a lot more. Went to Walmart on a shopping run with Ashley to buy animal crackers and other things we needed. I had a professor for the first time that made me realize why I came to RIT in the first place. He's seriously amazing, tough but good. I'd rather be pushed than learn nothing and get easy As. Went out for pizza with Ashley and Andrew on Tuesday after my 9 pm class.. it was a nice change of pace from salad. 

Yay! Tomorrow is Friday. Unlike everyone else on my floor, I have class tomorrow but I'm actually looking forward to them. I haven't had raster imagining yet so I'm thinking that's going to be a good class. Plus for my creative sources class my drawing professor is coming in and showing all of his work so that'll be pretty sweet. Not really sure of any plans for this weekend. We're having waffles tomorrow for dinner which is exciting-- Ashley and I have declared Friday to be waffle friday. Got a project and two papers to do this weekend. There are also a couple of greek events going on around campus on Saturday so we might check those out. I think there might even be a lazy river/hot tub run. 

1 comment:

Etamm said...

They're building you a pool! I just know it...