After coming back with the clay I headed over to the art building to go sculpt some clay for two hours. We have this project in 3D to make a banana out of clay (ironic? i think so). I went up to the professor and I was like dude uhmm, I'm not touching that. So he gave me a duck. Worked on the project for a while and then I had to go to Creative Sources. That class is basically just a lecture that happens once a week. They bring in some artist and they talk for an hour. Yesterday's artist just happened to be my drawing professor, Clifford Wun. It was pretty cool to see some of the stuff that he's done in the past. It's pretty nice to be able to bring your computer into that class-- i just recorded the entire lecture on it! I haven't checked to see if it worked yet though.
Last night Ashley, Drake and I went to a CCC meeting just to check it out. It was alright, we all agreed that we didn't really fit in all that well, although the people there were super nice and inviting. It wasn't really that overly pushy either which was good. Walking back from the meeting we came upon a concert, Uncle Plum. Ended up staying and watching that for over two hours and then watching the fireworks afterwards. Came back and watched a few episodes of the OC before people started bombarding our room. Talked with a few of the deaf guys on our floor which is kind of neat, it's a great way to pick up sign language quickly. They stayed until nearly 5 am, although I fell asleep at 3 so I missed most of it.. oops :P
Woke up this morning at 8 and drew for a few hours. Waited for Ashley to get up and then we went out to breakfast/lunch around 1:30 with Andrew. Went to the art studio and worked on my clay duck for about 3 hours. Tried to do my 2D homework but the stupid printer in the lab wasn't working, oh well that's what tomorrow is for. Ashley and I went to dinner (at gracies...) and had some... SALAD! Who woulda thought. About halfway through two guys came up to us and asked if we wanted to come join them for dinner. It's college and we're supposed to be social so we accepted and it turns out that they were sitting at a table with 8 other guys (yeah, the ratio is obvious around here). After dinner two of them invited us to go back to their dorm and play wii and rockband with them. Hung out for a while and then we ended up going to the Gordon Field house and playing volleyball with 10 other guys. They all seem pretty cool and it was nice to play volleyball again. We played against some guys from the club team and almost beat them. Came back here, watched an episode of the OC and then we ended up just talking for the past two hours. I think it's bedtime though! Got a ton of work to do tomorrow. I'll try and post some pictures later of my project, I took some today but I'm too lazy to upload them at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment