Example:
It's currently Thursday night (well, technically friday at 12:42 am but whatever). Everyone on my floor has either gone out once already and is getting ready to go out again or is going out now for the first time. By "going out" i mean to parties and stuff. It's THURSDAY night guys, come on, can't you wait for a weekend?? Everyone else on my floor is a liberal arts major and that particular college doesn't schedule classes on Fridays so this is technically everyone's Friday. And then there's me: I have class from 12-5 tomorrow and then the thought of three large projects due next Tuesday as well as two papers and about 50 pages to read in a book which all needs to get done this weekend. According to the teachers time estimate, the three projects together should take anywhere from 30-35 hours to complete. This is wonderful.
Now, of course, don't get me wrong. I'm absolutely loving the classes. I got to mold a duck out of clay today in 3d! I'm really happy with my new 2D design professor and drawing is amazing as always. It's just kind of frustrating because I feel like if I had a Friday off I could get so much more done on my homework before Saturday rolls around but oh well. I am still looking forward to the classes tomorrow.
Guess it's bedtime for me. Need to go to Barnes and Noble tomorrow morning for some more clay and then I think i'm going to work on homework until my noon class. I'll try to post some pictures of my current projects tomorrow if I remember/get a chance.
1 comment:
the friday off thing sounds just a tad too soft for my tastes, so i would content yourself to know how much more disciplined, focused, and strong artists are. a 4-day week--the liberal arts people are patsies!
great to hear the clases are going well--and can't wait to see the duck.
Post a Comment