Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

The Rundown

So it's a whole new quarter which means, new classes!
(it's technically the start of week two now but I never got around to finishing this post last week...sorry!)

Design Survey- New class that sort of replaces design survey from last quarter. It's a class with 113 people so it's very personal... just kidding. Takes place at 8:00 in the am which seemed a tad early when it changed from it's original 7:00 pm time slot but it's actually working out relatively well. We basically just come to class for an hour every week and hear from different designers and what not. Every other Wednesday the class is online which means I get to view youtube videos from the comfort of my own dorm room.

2d- My favorite class ever, partly because of the professor and partly because of the projects we do. This class is a continuation of last quarter with generally the same people. Only difference is that this quarter we're using color in all of our projects instead of b&w.

3d- New professor, new time, new class. I decided against the late time slot for 3d that I had last quarter so I now have it at 9:00am on Monday mornings. This class is working out fantastically well so far, I'm liking the people in it and I'm enjoying working on the first project. (pictures to come later).

Drawing- Also a continuation of last quarter. Same professor, etc. Lots of homework but it's worth it :)

Vector Imaging- A last minute addition. I was previously unable to register for this class and I happened to check on Monday for some reason and there was a spot open. It's required for graduation so it's nice to get it done with now. It's basically just a 1 credit course on how to use Illustrator.

Sign Language- I'm taking this one with Ashley!!! It's Thursday nights from 6:00-8:00pm so it's a nice end to the school week. Our professor is deaf which is definitely really helpful in forcing us to sign. It's asl 1 so it's just covering the basic 300 signs (which we've already learned) but it'll be good practice anyway!

FYE- First Year Enrichment. Also a continuation from last quarter. This class basically just covers all of the information that we could possibly need about getting by at RIT.

No comments: