Anyway, enough about that.
Yesterday morning was what the admissions office likes to call Open House (or what it should be called... Feed-Students-Really-Good-Food-For-One-Day). Woke up at 6:45 to make it over to Gordon Field House by 7:45 for check in. Check in basically involves standing around welcoming people, handing out packets of information, and making sure people go where they need to go. Once everyone is checked in all of the ambassadors get some coffee and muffins! Mmmm. From there we break everything down and bring it back to to the office only to turn around and carry more over to the SAU. It involves golf carts, etc so it's actually quite fun. After that was all done I went back to the office to work on mailing and such. This time of year gets crazy in the mail room because we're in the middle of early decision and regular decision time. It's lots of mindless tasks involving folding, sorting, labeling and the likes. They fed us some pizza for lunch too which is a plus because I guess I kind of lost track of time and didn't realize it was 3pm already!
Ashley is gone for the weekend *insert giant sad face here*. It's rather quiet in our room, despite the people down the hall playing music from sesame street (?) loudly on repeat. I watched Christmas with the Kranks last night and some other random TV shows that I don't remember the names of. This morning I woke up around 8 and got ready to head over to the admissions office yet again for acceptance packet stuffing! Woohoo. Six hours and a million painful papercuts later we managed to get roughly 1300 packets stuffed.. guess I know what i'm doing next week :) Went out to dinner tonight (well.. to gracie's) with some friends and then went to the RHA to pick up some chick flicks for tonight and tomorrow! I think I may go over to NRH (a dorm building) later to watch a movie with some other friends. We'll see.
Tomorrow looks like homework, homework, homework!
Ashley is gone for the weekend *insert giant sad face here*. It's rather quiet in our room, despite the people down the hall playing music from sesame street (?) loudly on repeat. I watched Christmas with the Kranks last night and some other random TV shows that I don't remember the names of. This morning I woke up around 8 and got ready to head over to the admissions office yet again for acceptance packet stuffing! Woohoo. Six hours and a million painful papercuts later we managed to get roughly 1300 packets stuffed.. guess I know what i'm doing next week :) Went out to dinner tonight (well.. to gracie's) with some friends and then went to the RHA to pick up some chick flicks for tonight and tomorrow! I think I may go over to NRH (a dorm building) later to watch a movie with some other friends. We'll see.
Tomorrow looks like homework, homework, homework!
1 comment:
This sounded interesting. A change from your usual routine.....and.....coffee, food and golf cart. Hope the paper cuts have healed. Nana
Post a Comment