Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Laundry Baskets, Apple Pancakes & Fried Shrimp

Okay to start off with, this post is going to have nothing to do with fried shrimp. I simply do not eat fried shrimp and I never intend on doing so, therefore there would be no good reason to post about it.. however, I needed a third item to title this post to make it sound better and it was the first thing that came to mind.

Anyway, now for the parts of the title that actually do have meaning. Laundry baskets. The days are quickly passing by and in just under 40 days I will be packing up and leaving for Rochester. Actually, I hope to be packed up SOONER than 40 days because I don't really like to leave things until the last minute. My mom left this morning to drive down to DC to visit with her friend from high school so Sarah, my dad and I went down to Rockville Pike for a breakfast/college outing. Ate breakfast at this place called the Original Pancake House and let me tell you they have some mighty tasty pancakes. Sarah & I shared an Apple Pancake and a Dutch Baby (which are good but not quite on the same level as the ones from Walker Brothers). Afterwards we walked over to look for a winter coat for me at REI... which conveniently won't be in stock until September, a month too late to be helpful. Ditched that idea and went over to the Container Store to look for some stacking boxes for under my bed. Ended up finding a nifty collapsable laundry bag.
(isn't it neat? Sarah's favorite part is the collapsing feature which she proceeded to test out numerous times on not only this but other items in the store)


Alison's coming over in a few minutes so I should sign off and go hide our glassware :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I cannot believe you ate pancakes without me! However, I approve of your choice of laundry baskets--pretty and functional.

parkaboy495 said...

Sarah proved that, when enough force is exerted, any item in the Container Store can be made "collapsible."