Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

beet stains

This week is pleasantly relaxing which is a nice change from the past 2 weeks.. because I have done, absolutely nothing! Just kidding, that's not entirely true.

Friday night ended up going to the tail end of IV summer group and then coming back and watching lots of Gilmore Girls episodes! Yesterday morning I slept in-- well, I technically woke up at 7:19 but I was not pleased with that so I fell back asleep until 8. Around noon, Linnea and I headed down to the Rochester Public Market to get some tasty things. Got corn on the cob, pears, peaches, tomatoes, beets and two doughnut peaches! And no, that isn't actually a doughnut, it's a flattened peach! Quite tasty and convenient because we got the person to sell us only two rather than the whole basket =)

For dinner we had carrots, corn on the cob and beets-- quite messy but tasty. We continued watching more gilmore girls and figured out that if we did nothing but that for 5 days straight we could fit in all 153 episodes.. not that we're actually planning on trying that, we haven't even finished season 1.

This morning we're headed to church, I'm going to try out a new church just for the heck of it. Need to run some errands after for various things this week-- mostly picking up 200 juice boxes and 200 cracker boxes from BJ's for vacation bible school this week. Might hang out with some other people tonight, we'll see.

Tomorrow morning is back to the usual. Lots of folders to stuff for college & careers which is on Friday. Monday night we're having a pre-VBS planning session again with dinner. Tuesday-Thursday is VBS from 6-8 every night downtown somewhere. Then Friday and Saturday are C&C. Sunday I drive back home!

Busy, busy.

1 comment:

Nana said...

I've had doughnut peaches - still like the regular ones
better. If you were here we would go to Thomas Orchards nearby and get peaches AND homemade
peach ice cream to die for. AND, love beets - roasted.
See you soon