Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

europe & the countdown

One week left of summer -- technically two but only one more in Maryland. For some reason the song that comes to mind when I think about this is Europe's the final countdown.



So far I think the majority of the stuff I need for school has remained contained in nice piles in my room. A few piles, however, resemble something close to a small explosion.

I'm loving summer and deciding what I want to do --or not do-- on a regular basis is quite fantastic. I do have to say that I have a teensy tiny urge to buckle down and do some math homework draw pretty pictures and make macaroni necklace (afterall, that's what graphic design majors do, right?). But I'm sure this too shall pass come the first major homework assignment. My buckling down and studying hard will no longer seem like a good idea.

Hopefully I will come up with some semblance of a normal schedule. My icalendar is currently writhing in pain after I have overloaded the first week back to school. It's used to the occasional "dinner out" or "naptime" but real work and classes? Okay, so I don't really schedule naptimes on my calendar those are more of an impromptu thing.

This whole schedule thing will seem so new and exciting and wear off after a week after unpacking, packing and then moving every 2 to 3 weeks this summer. Seriously, who came up with that bright idea? Yes! Let's pretend to be a nomad and move around as much as possible. Just kidding, it actually kept things interesting. Although it has clearly ruined my attention span.

No comments: