"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go."
- Dr. Seuss
January
Brought in 2008 taking pictures.. LOTS of pictures. Eric stayed with us for a week after Christmas to hang out and take pictures for his new headshot... this picture, however, did not make the cut.
MarchWe made the annual drive to Athens, Georgia to visit family.
AprilIn April, my dad and I made the 7 hour drive up to Rochester for the accepted students open house. Little did I know that I would be living here in a few months! We also got a chance to visit Marathon, home of my (then) future roommate), on our way from Rochester to Hawthorne. Of course, we had to make pit stops at all of the scenic overlooks and Clyde Pelling's Reptileland.
The busiest of the months. In early May we drove up to Hawthorne for a birthday, anniversary and mother's day all in one


Mid-May was prom. 

And late-May marked the end of my 12 year stay in the lovely education system that Howard County provides.


JuneJune was the month of shenanigans. No longer tied down by the thought of school, chaos ensued. Well, maybe not chaos, but lots of picnicing, hanging out, sleepovers, and late night pancake making.








July
The shenanigans continued on into July: birthdays, more picnics, and mall adventures. My blog was actually started in May I think, so if you want a more detailed telling you should go back and read that.


AugustAugust began with a family vacation to Bald Head Island along with some friends. Lots of golf-carting, house looking, beach sitting and watermelon eating was involved!


August was the beginning of a new adventure... college. Of course, I wouldn't leave without saying goodbye..
I started off the adventure at dinner with tons of people I've never met! Some turned out to be good friends =) September/October
September and October passed with a blur. It's hard to remember when everything occurred. There were late night hang outs, concerts, dinners, and other shenanigans.





Homecoming weekend came in October.

Oh yeah, and some academic learning went on too :) November
November marked the beginning of winter. Thanksgiving fell the week after finals giving us a spectacular 2.5 weeks off.


After one week of break at home we took off on our annual pilgrimage to Wisconsin to visit family. We made a few stops along the way for college visits, volleyball games and FOOD! 
December marked the beginning of second quarter -- yeah, hard to believe that i'm already a SECOND quarter freshman, huh? Winter break started around the end of the month and we drove up to New Jersey to visit family. Unfortunately, I'm a giant slacker and I have no pictures uploaded from my camera for the entire month of december! Guess I know what my new years resolution is!
All in all, a pretty eventful year. First prom, graduation from high school, vacations, beginning college, moving away, getting a job in admissions... and the list goes on. We'll have to wait and see what 2009 has in store =)
For now, Happy New Years! Hope you all had a great holiday.





In late August I packed up my things and moved seven (ish) hours away to Rochester, New York. 


No comments:
Post a Comment