I think this election is what the US needed.. we finally have a guy that can get a job done. While I disagree with some of his policies, McCain would not have been a bad choice for president, however, there is just something about Obama. He has the ability to motivate people in ways we have never before seen. Let's hope that he's able to turn his words into action starting in January of 2009.
The fact that we have an African American president for the first time is not the big deal. The big deal is the fact that, for once, millions of Americans who would normally not be moved to vote did. You know all this nonsense with voting line horror stories, I think it's good. I did not personally partake in this three hours of waiting because all I did was walk downstairs and drop it in a box. But this is how it's supposed to be, there should always be huge lines to vote because we all have the right to.. so why not?
I'm sorry this is coming so long after the election.. I actually typed this up a few days ago. It took forever, I don't really think there are words to describe it well enough so anything I wrote kept getting deleted.
No comments:
Post a Comment