Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom!

Tonight we met up with some guys for dinner. Instead of being normal and eating in Gracie's we got take out once again and wandered until we found a nice sunny spot... in a parking lot. This would have made a great picture but unfortunately none of us had our cameras so you'll just have to imagine 4 people eating dinner out of styrofoam containers in a parking lot. After dinner we made our way over to the quad outside of Sol. There's this giant cement thing in the middle (picture is further down) and we all really wanted to sit on top of it. Walked around campus some more and took pictures by the tiger and various other interesting things. Came back and ichatted with mom, dad and sarah :) After ichatting Ashley and I went and sat in the lounge to watch the beginning of school fireworks. Andrew ended up coming up to watch them with us since he lives on the 3rd floor and there is a horrible view down there. 

I wish I could say that this next picture is the first time that I have come across something like this walking across campus, but sadly this is not the case. Of course, it is quite humorous. And yes, this guy IS in fact wearing a computer monitor on their head. They even stopped walking to pose for me so that I could take a picture!
(l-r) Eric, Andrew, me, Ashley hanging out on this giant cement thing in the quad outside of our building.

Andrew on the tiger

Ashley and I refused to sit on the tiger so we just got our picture taken in front of it. 

2 comments:

parkaboy495 said...

i notice the big spiral concrete thing out front, too. looks like its some sit out in the sun free form free speech pulpit. perhaps you could start hectoring your fellow students with quotes from scripture or random comments. "hey you in the orange jacket--do you know where your parents are, right now?" i think there is also a picnic table out front--perhaps if you are looking for an alternative to the parking lot for a different dining venue some evening... ;)

AnnaJoy said...

Emily!
You are officially a college girl, yay! Reading your blog really takes me back to when I first started college. Cherish all these moments and have tons of fun and study hard, because the time flies. I can't believe I am already a senior and away on my internship. Your comment about feeling like you were at camp and wishing that classes would just start really made me chuckle. I remember feelng the exact same way and saying those exact words! Yes, I have black hair, although it is seriously fading now and looking icky. I dyed it like a couple months ago when I was bored at school. I did the same thing last year too. I do stupid things when I get bored. Anway, enjoy yourself babe, but not too much ;)
Love ya!!