I started interning at We Make Nice Websites, a web design/development company in Rochester at the beginning of the month. I was brought on as a design intern but I'm slightly obsessed with social media. That might be an understatement.
Needless to say, I'm now in charge of 4 Twitter accounts and 4 Facebook accounts. Tweetdeck has become my best friend. And when I'm not tweeting or facebook insight stalking... I'm blogging. For them, admissions or my personal blogs (which have kind of taken the back burner).
You can read the posts for WMNW here: http://blog.wemakenicewebsites.com/ The ones tagged with my name are clearly written by me. Or just note the sarcasm ;) Can't run away from it.
I'm also getting to work on some sweet design projects. All web work which was frustrating at first until I discovered Google Web Fonts. Partyy. We're in the middle of designing & launching a new site for them. Pretty neat. And I recently designed a website for a preschool. In less than 24 hours. It involves lambs. Lambs are awkward animals, I have discovered. Also, I lack inspiration for preschool websites but I think I managed alright. Working on a super secret project too. Which will hopefully be launched soon? More details later.
Basically all fun things. I switch between the two jobs. When I'm not working on one, I go to the other. And when I'm not doing that I'm working on some wedding invites for a friend. Or brainstorming my personal website.
Or tweeting. Oh, social media.
I think I picked the right major. I realized that as I was working 9 hour days in between 2 jobs only to come home and think more about them. So. Much. Fun.
And I also might have a shot at not having to live in a cardboard box in a year. All good things.
1 comment:
Love it all - You go girl. What a different world you live in. Help me keep up. Hugs
Post a Comment