More often than not, I find it's stressful nature mildly amusing, just on the look out for the next thing that will blow up.
And this week is like any other week 11, if my head were not attached to my body, I'd lose it.
Sometimes it's the little things, like getting stopped not once but twice by the same train in a 5 minute period.

Or times like when my windshield wiper decides to fall off while it's snowing & I need to go by matte board for a project due the next morning at 8 am. And then the "check engine light" comes on.
Maybe it's when I forget my flash drive in the lab after I'm already halfway across campus at the printer and I need to run back and grab it while praying hard that no one took it. Did I mention my entire life is contained on a flash drive right now?
Let's have the apartment across the hall throw a huge part on Saturday night before finals week complete with not one but 3 smashed beer bottles, pot smokers who decided that it was too cold outside so inside would have to suffice, and one apparently (super drunk?) and crying girl. Did I mention that it was 3 am? But then campo busted it, I went to bed and all was well.
Or like when my flash button decides to break two nights before my final is due and four hours of deleting code, changing things and last ditch attempts don't fix it.
Heck, let's have no hot water in the apartment for 24 hours and then when the people come to fix it, they do it wrong so it floods all over the kitchen.
And while we're at it, let's forget the locker combination while being watched by a lady who must have been convinced that I was attempting (and failing) to break into someone else's locker. It was real pathetic. I just walked away and pretended like turning the dial was my intent all along.
Goodness gracious.
But then there are nice things like the super awesome dude at the advanced auto parts store that installed my windshield wiper (for free!) when I looked helpless.
Or the fact that I have a fantastic roommate who spends lots of Sunday on the phone with maintenance getting them to come (SIX times) to fix the great flood of week 11.
And I finally remembered by locker combination, only about 3 hours too late for it to actually be helpful. But nevertheless, I figured it out... now maybe I should write that down for next time...
Happy week 11! Now only two finals and three more days until I'm headed off to Portland! More on that in another post...
No comments:
Post a Comment