Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Campus Building Identity Committee"

I'm not sure why but this made me giggle, I had no I idea there was such thing...

To: RIT faculty, staff and students

From: Campus Building Identity Committee

Re: New building and mapping codes

Members of the campus community may have noticed a previous message regarding a new campus map that replaces building numbers with three-letter codes.

Due to some confusion resulting from that message, the Campus Building Identity Committee wants to point out that these codes do not represent new building names. The codes serve only as a cross-referencing tool for a new mapping technique and computer coding system that will be introduced later this summer. There are several versions of lists, tables and maps being circulated and none represents the final designations, so please do not propagate these.

Next month, the committee will send out a final, clear communication on the status of our efforts to implement a new system to better identify our campus facilities. In most cases, building names have not changed except for the general substitution of the word “Hall” in place of “Building.”

No comments: