Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Peanut Butter.. or lack of.

This past week, I ran out of peanut butter... I considering calling for a state of emergency.

If you've ever seen my shelf in the pantry, I usually have no less than 4 jars of peanut butter. I wish I was kidding. It's probably some kind of incurable sickness. In my defense there are so many different kinds of peanut butter that makes deciding on one jar simply impossible.

The only thing that made this situation better was knowing that I had this puppy waiting in the fridge. And it's full of peanut butter.

(Still didn't stop me from going out the very next day to restock.)

My original intent for this was looking for a bread recipe that would be easy & protein filled for taking to work (and not messy because we tend to be eating lunch while we're still working). Unfortunately I don't think this is going to cut it so it's back to the drawing board but it was tasty anyway! Just not particularly healthy enough to count as lunch.


It's delicious by itself. Or with peanut butter spread on top -- if you haven't run out.

Peanut Butter Sandwich Bread

makes 1 loaf

Ingredients:

3/4 cup chunky peanut butter

1/2 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups milk

2 cups flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp salt

1 T baking powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan well.

Cream together the peanut butter and sugar until well combined. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

With the mixer running on low, slowly alternate between adding the milk and the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.

Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for one hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack and cooling completely.

Time:

1 hr 15 minutes



These were blueberries from the public market. I did not do anything with them other than transport them from their container in the fridge into my tummy. Sometimes they made a pit stop on top of my oatmeal. Still, they deserve a picture.

And this.. I'm contemplating giving up my love of peanut butter for this.



So. Good.

No comments: