Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

RIT, early thoughts

Don't ask what odd sequence events led to finding this... but I located a blog post I did way back July 24th, 2007 right after my first visit to RIT...

"RIT was rather excellent. A little nerdy, but I guess that is why they call it the "rochester institute of technology" They have a fairly large graphic design/art department and the computer to student ratio might be close to 2:1. It's an engineering and computer science school too so they have these labs called fishbowls and one side of them is completely glass (they claim it's because the computer geeks need some sunlight once in a while). I think the thing I loved most was the scheduling. For graphic design majors you take almost only art classes-- with some core requirements-- but then you get these PE credits where you can take random stuff like ice fishing, canoe tipping, volleyball or whatever. Random, I know. Only down side is it snows almost constantly-- but they have underground tunnels so it's not that bad-- and it's kind of far away."

So amusing. A long ago.

In other news, I register for senior year classes in about 6 hours. How weird.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Interesting to read your impressions of RIT after your
first visit.....You must have had good vibes. Underground tunnels - awesome. Hard to believe that
your senior year approaches. Hope there are no
"glitches" in your registering.
Love you..............Awaiting the arrival of your parents
and Sarah........wish you were with them.....and, it will
probably be Sarah's last trip with them because she will
be at Cornell.