Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

oodles of things

I can't believe classes start tomorrow! Eek. I think i'm ready for it though, even though I totally would not mind another whole week of orientation!
Let's see... Friday morning woke up around 6 am, got ready, had an OA meeting & then met my group so we could board the buses and drive into downtown rochester for artisan works! That place is seriously cool. If i had a car, i'd buy a year membership there and just camp out. I've been there 3 times now and met one of the artists as well as talked to the owner for a good long while. Apparently they do weddings there.. I told him to hold a spot, I'll find the guy asap ;) Just kidding. Came back around noon, went to admissions to hang out for a while & straighten out some things. Ended up going to lunch with a bunch of them =) Went grocery shopping with ashley and then we went over to check out the guys apartment. It ended up being 7 of us going to dinner at Five Guys just down jefferson, except i ran next door and got the best burrito ever from Moe's. Tofu burritos are delicious. Drove around for a bit exploring and then came back here for an early bedtime.

Saturday morning, woke up at 8... yay for sleeping in! OA meeting at 9, group meeting at 9:15. Two worlds together session, lunch at crossroads, group hanging out, connect and explore, tiger den kick off, IV get together, laundry, cleaning, figure out some class stuffs. Ashley made mac & cheese for dinner :) Hung around and then headed out to brick bash. except the music was horrible, it was jsut like a giant techno rave and the DJ refused to change the music for the entire night from 9-1 but it was cool because all of the OAs eventually wandered over to underneath the sentenial for some shenanigans. Got home around 12:30ish i think, watched some saturday night live and then fell asleep.

This morning i annoyingly woke up at 7;30 because i guess i'm so used to getting up early but i was determined to sleep in because this is the one chance that I get, so i ended up falling back asleep until 9. Got up and made ash and i breakfast.. pancakes & hashbrowns. Showered, got ready and now we're headed over to the club & activities fair from 1-4.

Woohoo. And that was only 3 days of this week.

Hope you all have a good labor day doing whatever is appropriate to do on that day.. I'll be in classes =) RIT apparently does not understand the word "holiday" at least the admissions office is giving us a day off. Even though I was looking forward to going back there.

1 comment:

parkaboy495 said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Thanks for the readout. Good luck with all your new sharpened pencils on the first day of school!